You’ve had an ache in the back of your mouth for far too long – so you head to your dentist in Boulder to find out how they can help. The team at Sage Dental Care informs you that you have a complex cavity and a simple filling won’t do the trick to fix it. To reinforce your existing dentitions, they suggest dental crowns in Boulder as the best solution. These tooth-shaped “caps” that fit over your existing teeth are the best way to restore your dental health and give you a great looking smile again. In this post, find out more about this treatment, why you might need a crown, and what your other options are if you need other restorative dentistry procedures.
What Are Dental Crowns?
As the premier dentist in Boulder, our team of experts explain that dental crowns are placed on top of your existing teeth (once they’ve been prepared) or a dental implant. Our team only uses the most durable, biocompatible porcelain that blends right in with your natural smile.
What Problems Do Dental Crowns Address?
Dental crowns are the superior treatment option for many dental situations. They’re use for:
- Protecting a weak tooth from breaking
- Holding a broken tooth together
- Repairing a tooth that’s worn down significantly
- Supporting a tooth with a large filling
- Correcting discolored or misshapen teeth
- Making cosmetic modifications
- Covering a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- Covering a dental implant
- Protecting children from tooth decay
What Is The Process Of Getting A Dental Crown?
Having a dental crown placed is a two-step process:
- Step One – At the initial visit, we’ll examine the area and possibly take X-rays to check on the roots and bones around the area for your crown. Then, we’ll numb the area and shape your tooth to prepare it. We will take impressions and send them to a lab that will create your custom, porcelain crown, and then we will affix a temporary crown that you can use in the meantime.
- Step Two – Once the lab completes your individualized crown, we will remove the temporary crown and cement the permanent crown in place. At that point, you’ll be done, so you can start showing off your smile again.
What Other Restorative Dental Services Do You Offer?
If you have other dental issues that require restorations – like cavities, missing teeth, or oral pain – we also offer the following additional services:
- Tooth-colored Fillings
- Life-like Dental Implants
- Root Canal Therapy
- Dental Bridges
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions
Now that you know all that a dental crown and our other restorative options can do for your smile, schedule your appointment with Sage Dental Care today – we’ll make your smile bright again!