The Mona Lisa is one of the most famous paintings of all time — but why? Maybe we’ll never know the precise reason, but one hypothesis is her mysterious smile. There’s real power in a smile, after all — and if you don’t love yours, it’s time to do something about it. Porcelain veneers in Lafayette can help.
Maybe you dread smiling for photos. Or perhaps your teeth just aren’t as nice-looking as your friends’ and colleagues’. Whether you need a total overhaul or just a little tweaking, research shows having an attractive smile can help you appear more successful and likeable to your peers. Ever considered cosmetic dentistry? Doing so could change your life — seriously.
What Do Veneers Fix?
These thin coverings hide the appearance of any number of flaws that could affect the teeth that show when you smile — or the “social six,” as we like to call them.
Veneers can be used to improve the appearance of teeth that are…
- Slightly gapped
- Oddly textured
What’s the Process for Veneers?
If dental veneers are the best option for your smile, you can expect the procedure to be carried out over the course of two to three visits to your cosmetic dentist.
During an initial consultation, you and your dentist will discuss your smile — how’d it get into its current state? What would you like to improve with veneers? Are you mostly healthy, and do you take any medicine? Based on this information, a veneer treatment plan is put in place.
Once everything is in place, here’s what you can expect from the veneer procedure.
- First appointment: Your dentist removes a tiny sliver of tooth enamel from the front surface of each tooth that will receive a veneer. An impression or mold is taken of the teeth. This mold, along with your treatment specifications, is sent to the laboratory. The veneers are crafted. Temporary veneers cover the prepared teeth in the time between visits.
- Second appointment: Your veneers have been manufactured and are ready for placement. Your dentist removes the temporaries and places the new restorations after checking to make sure they fit, feel, and look just right.
Veneer Maintenance Is Easy
You’ll love your smile after your veneers are complete — and you’ll want to keep it looking that beautiful for long to come. Veneers can last for over a decade with proper maintenance.
Keep your veneers healthy with these tips.
- Brush with a non-abrasive toothbrush
- Floss gently, avoiding yanking the dental floss in and out between teeth
- Protect your smile with a mouthguard if you play contact sports or grind your teeth at night
- Visit your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings!
About Sage Dental Care
Families and friends have trusted Sage Dental Care for high quality general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry since 2010. We are pleased to be the team Lafayette, Boulder, and Westminster neighbors turn to for superior dental care. If you’re looking for your new cosmetic dentist in Lafayette, we invite you to contact our office at (303) 604-6355.